Sustaining injuries caused by another person’s negligence and carelessness has become a common phenomenon. Being one of the most stressful and traumatic experience for anyone, car accidents can cause severe physical and mental distress for the victim. Experiencing pain, anxiety and general discomfort with life, victims start facing various problems.
The consequences of a car accident can be a life-altering. Thus, you shouldn’t let this matter slide. With appropriate assistance, you can secure appropriate compensation for the following elements:
- Medical bills incurred due to the accident
- Any future doctor visits or medical bills likely to be incurred in the future
- Any form of treatment required owing to the accident, e.g. physical or emotional therapy
- Any payment for rehab resultant of the accident
- Any payment for repairing the car damaged by an accident
Understanding Car Accident Laws Governing the State Of Utah
Each governing state has its own set of laws. Similarly, the state of Utah has its laws concerning cases of car accidents. Utah is a no-fault car insurance state. This means you’ll have to file for a claim under your own personal injury protection (PIP) coverage to receive compensation for financial losses and medical bills. This is regardless of who caused the crash. A minimum of PIP insurance provides the following:
- $3000 medical expenses for each person
- $3000 in death benefits, if in case someone has died, which can be paid to family members or heirs.
- $1500 for burial costs per deceased person, which can be utilized for the funeral, burial, cremation or other similar services
- Provision of 85% of lost income owing to injuries sustained in the accident, which can go up to a maximum of $250 per week
- A maximum of $20 per day as special allowance if you can’t perform certain tasks owing to the injuries.
After meeting certain prerequisites, only then can you step out of the no-fault state and directly file a claim against the at-fault driver. Leaving no stone unturned, our car accident specialists help maximize your compensation.
How Is Fault Determined?
Figuring out who was at fault in an accident rests upon deciding which party was careless. The guidelines provided by the State traffic laws help to measure liability. In such scenarios, a driver can be liable despite following the guidelines, such as driving at the posted speed with unfavorable traffic or weather conditions at the given time.
Despite failing to wear a seat belt, it is possible you to file a claim. However, it is important that you accordingly inform your lawyer regarding this. It is also important to note that the costs for fixing your car will have to be borne by the at-fault driver. As once the driver’s insurance company accepts liability, they will then work towards appraising the damage.
How Carlson Injury Law Helps In Car Accident Cases
Going above and beyond to facilitate our clients, our accident attorneys based in Utah help you to receive suitable compensation for the grievance you or your family member has suffered. Becoming a source of sustenance, legal expertise and professional standards, we provide you with personalized service. Helping you each step of the way, we provide our legal counsel at each stage after having been through a car accident, such as dealing with your insurance company or settling an auto accident claim.
If you fail to have health insurance, our team can then arrange for you to access an able doctor, capable enough to start your treatment to recovery. Having our car accident lawyer based in Utah by your side will help you navigate through a space that is difficult to understand. With your interest being our primary concern, our auto accident attorneys based out of Utah work to hold wrongdoers accountable.